Here are 10 things you may not know about Chiropractic:
- Chiropractic is a primary health care profession.
- It is the third largest healthcare profession in the Western World after medicine and dentistry.
- There are about 10,000,000 chiropractic visits to British Chiropractic Association (BCA) members every year.
- Chiropractors are governed by statute. Because of this chiropractors have to keep up to date and a patient can be assured that they get the best treatment for their problem.
- Chiropractors treat problems with joints, muscles and nerves. All the joints of the body but mainly concentrating on the spine.
- Chiropractors use gentle but specific manipulation which often chiropractors refer to as adjustments to improve the function of joints.
- Apart from manipulation, chiropractors may use a variety of techniques including ice, heat, ultrasound, exercise and dry needling as well as advice about posture and lifestyle.
- Chiropractic is suitable for many people. A chiropractor looks at the person as an individual and will tailor a package of care for them.
- Chiropractors do not use drugs or surgery.
- Chiropractic is backed up by positive evidence, for 15 conditions people generally see a chiropractor for and is even recommended in The National Institute of Clinical Excellence (Nice) guidelines for back pain of greater than 6weeks, but less than 1 year duration.
Chiropractic is a natural, gentle, drug-free healing art that recognises the body’s self-healing abilities. If you are in pain and suffering right now and are looking for a way to feel better again and be your very best then we are here to help you.
If you haven’t visited a chiropractor before then you can read our post on what to expect on your first visit and even watch a short video here.
Call us to make an appointment to visit us at Muswell Hill Chiropractic Clinic North London and find out how we can help you.