It is that time of year again, the holiday season. We all get excited for our plans whether we are going abroad, going on a ‘staycation’ or just planning some time off work. Whatever your plans, my advice to you as a leading Chiropractor in North London is to keep your back safe during this period.
Your time off work may be spent on a fitness camp, zip wiring down a gorge or white water rafting. It may include painting your garden fence and trimming the hedges, it may include lounging on a lilo. These are all activities that if you’re not careful can lead to back pain.
As part of my duties as a chiropractor in North London, I often advise my clients how to keep their back safe on their summer holidays. If you are getting ready for your holiday then we have put together some tips to help you avoid unnecessary injuries while handling your luggage:
- Buy the lightest case you can and ensure it has wheels. Always check the weight of the empty case – looks can be deceiving.
- Pack two lighter cases rather than on heavy one. Distributing the weight across 2 cases will make them easier and safer to carry.
- Push your case in front of you if it has wheels. Most people pull their cases behind them which in turn cause them to twist their bodies and backs. This in turn can lead to undue strain on your back.
- Start your journey rested. Many accidents and injuries result from tiredness. Get a good night’s sleep before travelling and be mindful of your actions.
- Don’t overdo it. Whether you are resting on a sun lounger or racing down a cycle track you must listen to your body and don’t push it to extremes.
If you feel like you need any further advice or a one-to-one session to avoid any back and neck pains during the summer then please contact us at Muswell Hill Chiropractic Clinic on 020 8442 008.