Monday August 12th is the date that most Britons are most likely to fly off on their summer holidays according to recent research undertaken by Post Office Travel.
If you are one of these people, flying off this summer, then we want to make sure you have a wonderful time and don’t put yourself at risk of back pain and spoiling your holiday.
Holiday time is often when we are doing things that we don’t normally do, such as lifting heavy cases, lying down on sun loungers for extended periods of time and sometimes even undertaking more adventurous activities. All of these can cause strains and injuries that can spoil a holiday.
Another time we are at risk is on the journey itself, so here are a few tips we hope you follow to keep your back safe:
- Keep hydrated. Drink plenty of water and juice. You should avoid alcohol as it causes dehydration.
- Avoid stiffness. You need to keep moving even when you are confined to your plane seat. Do a series of shoulder shrugs, buttock clenches and foot circles at regular intervals.
- Get moving as soon as you’re off the flight. Avoid moving walkways and get your legs and joints moving to avoid stiffness.
- Make your case easy to spot. It’s bad enough having to life your own bag off carousels without wasting energy and possible injury lifting the wrong case, so tie a bright ribbon onto your handle.
- Avoid using trolleys. Trolleys always seem to have a life of their own and often take some effort to keep them going straight and where you want. This effort puts strain on your body and can lead to strains and injuries.
Follow these simple tips to keep your back safe while travelling and we hope you have a great time on your holidays.
If you are experiencing back and neck pain the why not visit us at Muswell Hill Chiropractic Clinic in North London. We can assess your problem and give you the advice and treatment that will not only treat your pain, it may well address the cause too.
Call us now on 020 8442 0008 and ask about our Limited Time, Half Price offer.
Dylan Paydar at Muswell Hill Chiropractic Clinic
Committed to improving the health and well-being of people in North London
Including Muswell Hill, Finchley, Highgate, Crouch End and Southgate